Monday, September 21, 2009

Weegee Photography



















It's somewhat late and I know I have a lot to do, but after reading about how some thirteen year old from the Chicago suburbs became famous for her fashion blogg I started feeling really unaccomplished. Therefore, I decided to give this whole blogg thing a try. Don't worry, I won't write about every little detail of my day to day life. I know no one really gives a crap.

For all of you out there who enjoy Weegee photography I posted a few of his more famous pieces. For those of you who've never heard of him I posted a short explanation of who he was and what he was all about. Enjoy :) 
Weegee worked in New York as a press photographer, and he developed his signature style by following the city's emergency services and documenting their activity. Much of his work depicted unflinchingly realistic scenes of urban life, crime, injury and death. Weegee published photographic books and also worked in cinema, initially making his own short films and later collaborating with film directors such as Jack Donohue and Stanley Kubrick.




No comments:

Post a Comment