Friday, March 2, 2012
Musings
A few weeks ago in an insomniac frenzy I started writing myself notes and sticking them in random places around my apartment. I don't frequently have people over so it didn't occur to me as something strange or shameful. And even if I did, so what? It was extremely cathartic, and once I started I didn't stop for about an hour. Stream of consciousness writing is, in my opinion, the most honest form of writing. A few of my musings:
It's human nature to fear the unknown. It's irrational to know that and yet still fear it. You are not an irrational being.
Life is chaos. Its up to you to put some order to it.
Guarding yourself against love is like guarding yourself against what makes you human. What makes you whole. No one can survive a fragmented being.
You don't drive people away, they steer themselves away.
Don't be prisoner of your mind. Don't be your own worst enemy.
Time is a man made concept. Don't live by a time schedule. Good things will happen when they will.
All organic things are beautiful; and therefore so are you.
Make apologies for your actions but never for your personality.
Know your own self worth is not determined by someone else's definition of worth.
Move on from the set backs and the failures. They're not litmus tests for your self worth.
Clearly, none of these "musings" are new concepts. They're just things I've found to be self evident. Things I want to remind myself of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment